At Rethink our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, and empowered. Our ability to back that promise is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun, then read on.
Rethink is looking for high-energy, ambitious people, who care about their colleagues and are ready to do the best work of their career. Everyone at Rethink brings different qualities and areas of expertise to the table, which results in a diverse group with unique knowledge and capabilities.
As Rethink’s PR Coordinator, you’re joining a new team to help build the PR / Amplification department at Rethink, supporting our roster of clients nationally. This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor of a growing practice where you’ll be planning and executing integrated amplification programs across our clients.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supporting Rethink’s national PR team to plan and execute innovative and impactful PR plans.
- Collaborating with internal teams to find strategic ways to amplify creative campaigns on behalf of our clients.
- Drafting newsworthy PR materials including press releases, PR alerts, key messages, sponsored content and pitches.
- Working with internal teams and clients to pitch media, send press releases, and coordinate interviews and events.
- Identifying and developing relationships with media at high-priority publications.
- Managing and updating media and influencers lists.
- Establishing reporting mechanisms to keep key internal stakeholders and clients informed on all PR activities and media coverage.
- Researching the media landscape, culturally relevant events (always on moments), statistics and trends that support internal teams and our clients in building stories that resonate and live in culture.
- Researching and supporting teams in influencer and brand partnerships discovery.
- Supporting in building and executing sponsored content opportunities for campaigns, liaising between internal teams and external publication partners.
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management and planning.
What you’ll bring…
- 1-2 years of experience in public relations, communications, journalism or related fields.
- Curiosity about what’s happening in the world. Some might call you a newshound or culture junkie.
- A passion for growing your craft.
- Communication skills: You can write a pitch email, you can present an idea, and articulate your ideas.
- A “can-do” attitude – no ask is too big or too small for you.
- An entrepreneurial spirit – you take ownership of your work and bring fresh thinking to the table.
- A proactive approach – you can see the destination, and you know how to build the path there.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including added mental health benefits.
- Variety of employee perks.
- No client meeting Mondays.
- Hybrid work environment.
- Mentorship program.
- Access to Rethink’s national DE&I committee and working groups.
- Training and Development opportunities.
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your resume here.
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process.
We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.