We are looking for an ambitious, self-driven web developer with agency experience to join our fast-paced and exciting team. You will be responsible for seeing a project through from start to finish, analyzing, building, testing and fixing various web applications. Working alongside other developers/designers across our three offices, you will collaborate on the development and implementation of applications and components, identifying risks and mitigating problems that arise in a production environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
- Innovate front-end features primarily within React
- Consider accessibility, user experience, ethics in design and quality of data when implementing code
- Solve programming challenges – front-end, middle-tier and back-end
- Contribute ideas, share experiences, solicit feedback and offer critiques
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Ensure deadlines are met accordingly and expectations around those are managed.
- Manage multiple concurrent highly-interactive web experiences in a communications/digital advertising agency
- Enjoy collaborating with a team (across the three Rethink offices of Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal) while thinking on your feet
- Confident and knowledgeable when presenting to internal and client teams
- 3+ years of experience with front end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JS (ES6 ideally) and current web frameworks and tools (ReactJS, Redux, Webpack, Bootstrap, etc)
- 3+ years coding and building WordPress websites, including building WordPress themes and plugins
- Solid understanding of SEO principles
- Solid understanding of web accessibility
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Solid understanding of UI component life cycles and rendering performance.
- Git experience
Bonus points awarded if you have experience:
- AWS Experience
- Docker container experience
- GSAP animations
- Arduino, Raspberry Pi and hardware platforms.
- Sensors and actuators.
- Fundamentals of electronics, machines and mechanism. (aka Closet engineer)
Interested? Qualified? If this sounds like you, please apply by filling out this form or contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that we will only consider applicants who are Canadian citizens or have a valid work permit, and who are able to work from our Toronto office location.