Blog / November 22, 2019
EPICA is an international show judged solely by industry press. More than 200 magazines and websites from around the world make up the unique jury.
Rethink won one gold, five silvers and a bronze at the 2019 show. This was the highest number of awards won by any Canadian agency this year. The work spans all three offices and seven different clients.
A gold EPICA was awarded to the Embarrassing Plastic Bags for East West Supermarket under the retail services category. In an effort to help customers think twice about absentmindedly taking a single-use bag we created new bags that look like they come from other, more embarrassing stores.
The five silvers went to the following entries:
- Heinz Ketchup: Pour Perfectly in Food
- NFB: Clit-me in Public Interest – Gender Equality
- Greenpeace: Straw Shaming in Public Interest – Environment
- Leaf Forward: Pass The Bill in Business to Business Direct
- IKEA: Bedtime in Media Innovation – Traditional Media
And the bronze statue was awarded to:
- Berlitz Canada: The Unnoticed in Professional Products & Services
Thank you and congratulations to everyone involved.