Yes, iPhones on countertops and moleskins snuggly tucked in back pockets, we'll occasionally whip up a meal. Or martini. Some of us even bring in the fruits of our labours to have them devoured by the first 10 Rethinketeers to pass the picnic tables.
So with a thought to posterity, we're sharing our favourite recipes.
Have one you'd like to share? Send it along with a photo to exhib..@rethinkcanada.com.
Christmas Morning Breakfast
"This is our Christmas meal every Christmas morning. We all love it. Except my brother, so my mom makes cinnamon buns for him. 'Cuz he’s spoiled."
Rethinker: Jillian Yaehne
1. Set 8 pieces of bread into a 9" x 13" buttered glass baking dish. Cover bread with slices of back bacon. Lay slices of cheddar cheese on top of bacon and then cover with remaining slices of bread to make it like a sandwich.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs and pepper. Add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco.
3. Pour liquid over the sandwiches, cover and let stand in fridge overnight.
4. In the morning, melt butter and pour over top. Cover with Special K or Corn Flakes.
5. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour at 350° F. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh fruit and hot cinnamon rolls.